Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBx 850 - Android app network map

rdt40ish
Aspirant

RBx 850 - Android app network map

All, i just installed my new RBRx system and "think" i have my RBS setup via a backhaul using the WAN port.  Is the network image on the app real or... It currently shows a dotted line from the RBR and RBS.  not sure if this is a static image or not.

if this representation is real and connected via wifi, i need to make some adjustments....

Second question - how do i access the web admin interface?  192.168.1.1 (typical) does seem to be working.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBx 850 - Android app network map

Are you ethernet connecting the RBS to the RBR? If so, it should be connected as described here:

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Dotted lines between the RBR and RBS on the app means the RBS is wirelessly connected to the RBR, solid line means the RBS is ethernet wire connected to the RBR. 

Message 2 of 4
rdt40ish
Aspirant

Do if i simply change the ethernet cable from the internet port to the ethernet as the last image shows i simply cant get an internet connection.  even rebooting my modem has not helped.

do i need to set this up in bridge mode?  

Missing something simple i'm sure/

Message 3 of 4
rdt40ish
Aspirant

I believe i took that image too literally ...

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

this configuration will still require an internet cable connection as well.  

My problem is my home was wired with "home-run" cat 5 to a media control panel that my modem/switch is housed.  i can't get a second cable there.  guess this backhaul option is just not possble with my setup.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7