Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Speed Issue

Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

Speed Issue

Hi All,

I have internet connection of 300 MBPS upload and download both for RBR850 , but still speed is not increasing more than 100MBPS

Is there any other settings to be done on the router.

I have a static ip connection.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Speed Issue

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Are you testing with a wired or wireless device?

Be sure your testing over a wired PC connection. 

Make sure your wired network adapter is supporting of 1000Mbps and not 100Mpbs. Older network adapter cards were rated for only 100Mpbs.

Be sure your using good quality LAN cable. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 8
Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

What Firmware version is currently loaded? ( Firmware Version V3.2.17.12_1.4.14)
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? (dbc connected with fiber optic and from there one output cat6 connected to RBR850)

Are you testing with a wired or wireless device? i have checked on both wired and wireless

Be sure your testing over a wired PC connection. (Checked on same)

Make sure your wired network adapter is supporting of 1000Mbps and not 100Mpbs. Older network adapter cards were rated for only 100Mpbs. ( Yes i had 1000MBPS connection)

Be sure your using good quality LAN cable. CAT6 is recommended.(Yes using manufactured cable)

I am getting proper speed on my old device.

Message 3 of 8
Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-03 at 5.02.38 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-03-03 at 4.49.57 PM.jpegSharing Net speed on old connected devices

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

And with the RBR in place with your ISP ONT and a wired PC connected to the back of the RBR, your not seeing anything over 100mpbs? 

Please post a screen capture of the Show Stastics page when you select this button under Advanced Tab/Internet Port section...

Message 5 of 8
Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

Yes RBR is place with my ISP ONT and a wired PC connected to the back of the RBR,

And one connection from RBR is connected to network switch

Sharing the stastics as discussed

Statitics.png

Message 6 of 8
Deepak_Mehta
Aspirant

Is there any other setting in RBR which i have missed to do?

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

And if you connect your wired PC directly to the ONT, what are you speed resules there. Please attach a screen shot of that test....

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7