Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX 4200 RBR750 - hardwired devices getting different speeds

daruckus23
Aspirant

AX 4200 RBR750 - hardwired devices getting different speeds

Purchased the RBK753 from Costco which is the AX4200 RBR750 router and 2 satellites. I have Sonic fiber gigabit speed internet. My speeds are consistent across the router and 2 satellites regardless whether they are wireless or hardwired - specifically meaning the speeds do not vary/flucuate at different points in time. 

I have two devices hardwired into the main router - my desktop PC and my Playstation 5. For some reason, while my PC gets roughly 950mbps down/up, my Playstation 5 only gets 480mbps down and 200mbps up. Both are using identicaly cat6 cables with identical distances to router. 

Is there a setting within the Orbi router I'm not aware of that is limiting the download speed to my gaming console? I've looked within the orbi app and the browser settings and haven't seen anything. My knowledge here is basic so looking for any help/troubleshooting I can get. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

It could be the ps5 is using a different testing server. 

Gaming servers aren't always going to select a server that will max out gigabit. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Game consoles have not been know for speed test accuracy. I would rely on the PC being more accurate. If your getting to specs speeds on the PC then PC and Orbi are working fine. 

Message 3 of 4
daruckus23
Aspirant

Appreciate the response - I would generally agree but I have a friend that lives a block away with the same internet and setup and he is getting 940 down on his PS5 speed test. We've both have done the speed test via PS5 multiple times on multiple days and same result. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7