Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Homekit for Orbi Mesh RBK853

Baseltov
Initiate

Homekit for Orbi Mesh RBK853

Just making another discussion, until netgear finally announces they will support Homekit Secure Routers!
I have the Orbi RBK853 mesh wifi system, worth over €1200, and it doesn’t even support Homekit Routers.
They should really add this, otherwise I am thinking about selling these and buying the Linksys velop mesh, which do support Homekit Secure Routers!
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Homekit for Orbi Mesh RBK853

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
vajim
Master

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@Baseltov wrote:
Just making another discussion, until netgear finally announces they will support Homekit Secure Routers!
I have the Orbi RBK853 mesh wifi system, worth over €1200, and it doesn’t even support Homekit Routers.
They should really add this, otherwise I am thinking about selling these and buying the Linksys velop mesh, which do support Homekit Secure Routers!

There are two brands now supporting "Homekit Routers", eero and Linksys.  The Homekit Hub works on every brand, and is required even if a Homekit compatible Router is installed.  If the Apple ecosystem is that important, sounds like the thing to do.  And, I agree that Linksys is a better choice, realizing that Amazon eero may tilt toward the Amazon ecosystem over time. (Being sort of a direct competitor to Homekit.)

Message 4 of 5
vajim
Master

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7