Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 access logs missing

ramanmanish
Follower

Orbi RBR750 access logs missing

Model: Orbi RBR750

Firmware Version: V3.2.18.1_1.4.14

Bought it few months ago from Costco and overall this has given a good performance so far. However, I started to get into rabbithole as soon as I tried to view the access log and block some nasty websites (kids you know). I have scoured multiple threads, websites but cant get any straight answer. This particular version seems to be incompatible with other products/apps like circle. I am fairly technical but it seems I have exhausted all my option and hence starting this new thread.

If this is a solved issue, please point me to the right location. Or at least, the confirmation that I may have to return this and get some other routers (suggestion welcome)

Thanks in Adavnce 

Message 1 of 5

Re: Orbi RBR750 access logs missing

@ramanmanish wrote:

I have scoured multiple threads, websites but cant get any straight answer.

Did that research stretch to getting the manual?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, but Orbi has lots of tweaks that aren't on standard routers, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@ramanmanish wrote:

Model: Orbi RBR750

I have scoured multiple threads, websites but cant get any straight answer. This particular version seems to be incompatible with other products/apps like circle. I am fairly technical but it seems I have exhausted all my option and hence starting this new thread.

If this is a solved issue, please point me to the right location. Or at least, the confirmation that I may have to return this and get some other routers (suggestion welcome)

This Netgear product does not feature any sort of Parental Controls.  Check the list of systems supported toward the bottom of this web site: https://www.netgear.com/home/services/smart-parental-controls/ (Notice there are no Orbi AX products, no Nighthawk products.)

In addition, trying to "roll your own" using site blocking fails because that feature applies only to non-secure (http) web sites, which are fast disappearing.

Other brands include this sort of feature in their advertising promotional material.  For how they work (and how well they work), only people who own those products can say.

I found this article interesting in that it points out "pros and cons" of several offerings, which provides a framework for investigation.  Don't know if I (personally) would agree with their recommendations.  It's the factors to consider that I find useful.

https://www.lifewire.com/best-parental-control-routers-4160776 

Message 4 of 5

@CrimpOn wrote:

Other brands include this sort of feature in their advertising promotional material.  For how they work (and how well they work), only people who own those products can say.

For how long they last is another important question:

Netgear has just announced that it is killing the free Live Parental Controls.

NOTICE: Live Parental Control Service based on Ope... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7