Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi shutting down with high downloads (orbi RBR750)

NirOnE
Guide

Orbi shutting down with high downloads (orbi RBR750)

Hello everyone, 

I have a strange issue with my orbi router.

Setup : Comcast modem (bridge mode) - Orbi router (with 2 satellites) - Computer (windows/Linux) connected with cable.

Orbi firmware : V4.6.3.7_2.0.49 / SSID and password changed for the Wi-Fi settings.

Everything works well until I am updating big games (example here Call of Duty Warzone)

imgur images link 

Capture.PNG

1 minute into the download, the whole system crash (no internet), and impossible to connect/ping the router. 

ping.JPG

The orbi light goes to purple and the internet never comes back until I reboot the router. 

I checked the Comcast modem, no problem there, so the issue only seems to come from the orbi. 

Do you know where it is coming from, or if I can fix that issue through the settings ?

Thank you for the help!

Message 1 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi shutting down with high downloads (orbi RBR750)

Message 2 of 17
NirOnE
Guide

yes, sorry I searched the forum badly

So it seems the only solution is to downgrade the FW to v3 ? 

I called the help but they did not know what was wong. 

Message 3 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

No sure if the problem was resolved by downgrading. 

I recommend contacting NG support and let them know what your seeing along with including the link I sent as well. 
I tried to reproduce on mine and couldn't so this seems more particular for some of use with more partiuclar configurations and services that your downloading from thru the ORbi that causes this problem. Possible HW fault as well. Something NG needs to look into for you. 

@Blanca_O @DarrenM 

Message 4 of 17
NirOnE
Guide

yes, I can reproduce it 100% with battle net and steam. 

I need to change my cable to be sure it is not a hw issue on my side. I will contact support again, thank for the quick answer @FURRYe38 

Message 5 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the brand and model# of the ISP modem your using? 

Try putting the modem into router mode again, then configure AP mode on the RBR and test the downloads. 

Ya I tried on BN and Steam on mine. Nothing reproduce. I had a CM1200 at the time I tested. 

If you can reproduce this with /Debug.htm debug log capture running at the time you can reproduce this, would be good to get these to NG support. 

Message 6 of 17
NirOnE
Guide

my modem is : the Comcast Xfinity Technicolor CGM4140COM

Yes, my next step is configure the AP mode on the RBR. I will keep the thread updated

Message 7 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 8 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Not sure if this will help here, however, might be worth a try...

ALL USERS of the 7 series Orbi AX system, please contact NG support by opening a support ticket and contact NG and ask them for the beta that seems to be avialable for the 7 series that seems to be directed to fixed what everyone with a 7 series has been having problems with:

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

For user out of warranty, contact @Blanca_O and @DarrenM and send them a PM and ask for the beta. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBK752-753-Firmware-Version-4-6-3-7-Released/m-p/213650...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBK752-753-Firmware-Version-4-6-3-7-Released/m-p/213652...

Good Luck. 

Message 9 of 17
AggedwNG
Apprentice

Can confirm I have the same issue and its definitely the fw that introduced this. Download size is pretty much anything over 230 mb's that causes it to lock up the router and crash the network. Only on ethernet connections and with any lan port on the router and any device wired in. Admin portal is unreachable when this happens, resulting in having to hard reboot everytime.
Message 10 of 17
NirOnE
Guide

I have been in contact with the support team 9 times now and they can not provide me with any solution... I will try the AP mode this week end as last resort. If that does not work I might return it. 

Message 11 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you get the beta for your system?

@NirOnE wrote:

I have been in contact with the support team 9 times now and they can not provide me with any solution... I will try the AP mode this week end as last resort. If that does not work I might return it. 

Message 12 of 17
NirOnE
Guide

No, the support I had today just told me to reboot the orbit or change to Google DNS. They said a level 2 expert will call me tomorrow. So I will ask him directly!
Message 13 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted...

Message 14 of 17
AggedwNG
Apprentice

Any update? Lot of people having this same issue and I'm interested to see if you got anywhere with support on this.
Message 15 of 17
NirOnE
Guide

Screenshot_20210915-092632.png

Lots of calls during the weekend. Unfortunately for most of them, they asked me to do the same thing over and over again no matter what I tried to explain (reboot, MTU, google DNS etc....)

A level 2 help was supposed to contact me during the weekend also but nothing! 

So I called them back on Monday, after the 26min they put me on hold and hang up. Second time, they also put me on hold for 1h17 min ....

Normally someone is supposed to call me today, they tried yesterday, but I was a bit busy with the hurricane damage (Houston area). I will keep you updated tomorrow. But nobody acknowledged a firmware/software issue. They were all trying to blame my internet provider.

Message 16 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know what results are with v16 loaded. 

@NirOnE wrote:

Screenshot_20210915-092632.png

Lots of calls during the weekend. Unfortunately for most of them, they asked me to do the same thing over and over again no matter what I tried to explain (reboot, MTU, google DNS etc....)

A level 2 help was supposed to contact me during the weekend also but nothing! 

So I called them back on Monday, after the 26min they put me on hold and hang up. Second time, they also put me on hold for 1h17 min ....

Normally someone is supposed to call me today, they tried yesterday, but I was a bit busy with the hurricane damage (Houston area). I will keep you updated tomorrow. But nobody acknowledged a firmware/software issue. They were all trying to blame my internet provider.

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7