Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range of Orbi AX200 ?

Backis
Follower

Range of Orbi AX200 ?

Hello, I wonder if anyone out there can help me with a simple question. I have 2 houses separated with 60 yards. Houses are wooden (no concrete) and between is simply air (no trees/rocks etc). Would it be possible to have the Router in one hosue and the Satellite in the other and they will be able to "talk" to each other or is the distance (60 yards) simply too long ??
I will bye the Orbi AX200 system with one Router and one Satellite
Any hints appreciated.

/Per

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Range of Orbi AX200 ?

You can try it but it might be to far. we can't say exactly if it'll work because of how much the exteriors walls plus the distance will degrade the signal. 

Will it connect? Maybe?

Will it connect fast enough to function? maybe? 

Its tough for us to say that it'll connect without problems without actually trying it.

options? 

1. buy the setup from a place with a generous return policy and return it if it doesn't. 

2. burying an underground rated ethernet cable (best option). Even if you don't go with orbi, it'll allow connection between the 2. And isn't that expensive if you do it your self. 

3. Check into a point to point system like netgear airbridge. That'd allow you to connect the 2. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Range of Orbi AX200 ?

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

@Backis wrote:

Hello, I wonder if anyone out there can help me with a simple question. I have 2 houses separated with 60 yards. Houses are wooden (no concrete) and between is simply air (no trees/rocks etc). Would it be possible to have the Router in one hosue and the Satellite in the other and they will be able to "talk" to each other or is the distance (60 yards) simply too long ??
I will bye the Orbi AX200 system with one Router and one Satellite
Any hints appreciated.

/Per

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements