Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The Newest Orbi WiFi 6 System is Here! Introducing the Orbi AX4200

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The Newest Orbi WiFi 6 System is Here! Introducing the Orbi AX4200

CHP_PROMO_RBK752_2020-4-27_COMM.jpgNext generation Mesh WiFi continues to grow with Orbi’s newest member of its WiFi 6 family, the Orbi WiFi 6 AX4200. The Orbi WiFi 6 family pairs the latest WiFi standard with Orbi’s award-winning technology, giving you the ultimate in WiFi coverage, speed, and connection capacity.

For the smart home needing strong WiFi connection in every room, the Orbi AX4200 has you covered! Ideal for homes up to 5,000 sq ft. and supporting fast WiFi speeds up to 4.2 Gbps, the latest Orbi WiFi 6 is sure to give you the best WiFi everywhere. With 4X increased capacity and improved performance, you will be able to have multiple connected devices, stream 4K/8K UHD, and game online without any interruptions. If your smart home is on a Gigabit Internet service plan, the Orbi AX4200 will provide blazing fast speeds to all of your devices, giving you Gigabit speeds all throughout your home. With more available WiFi streams, your network will have more available bandwidth and less congestion.

Here are some of the key features of the Orbi AX4200:

• Whole Home Mesh WiFi — 2-pack WiFi router and single satellite covers up to 5+ bedrooms and up to 5,000 sq. ft.
  • Cutting Edge Performance — Get 8 Streams of WiFi 6 and speeds up to 4.2Gbps.
  • Greater Capacity and Battery Life — Enjoy 4X more connection capacity than WiFi 5 with improved efficiency for longer device battery life.
  • Strong, Reliable WiFi — Break free from Internet delays with a Tri-band system with dedicated wireless backhaul, 4 Gigabit ports on the router, and 2 Gigabit ports on the satellite.
  • Advanced Cyber Threat Protection With NETGEAR Armor™ — Protect your home and all connected devices with advanced cyber security that protects you from identity theft, data theft and threats from vulnerabilities that may exist on your connected devices
  • Ease of Use — With the Orbi app, set up your WiFi, customize settings, and control your WiFi anytime, anywhere.
  • Powerful Internet Speeds — 1Gbps Ethernet WAN port supports gigabit Internet speeds or aggregate 2 ports to get 2 Gbps.

Click here to learn more about the Orbi AX4200

Are you ready to upgrade to next-gen Mesh WiFi? Let us know what you think about the latest member of the Orbi WiFi 6 family!

Message 1 of 7
RNK-Net
Aspirant

Re: The Newest Orbi WiFi 6 System is Here! Introducing the Orbi AX4200

I just got above system, trying to understand if there is any Parental control option with the Mesh system.

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

There is basic Access Controls. Disney circle is not yet available on Orbi AX. Only Armor. 

@RNK-Net wrote:

I just got above system, trying to understand if there is any Parental control option with the Mesh system.

Message 3 of 7
nakenergy
Guide

What is the status of OFDMA on these orbi models? Don't see anything in the specs.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

This feature isn't available on Orbi AX. 

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-features/33222-does-ofdma-really-work-part-1

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-features/33223-does-ofdma-really-work-part-2

@nakenergy wrote:

What is the status of OFDMA on these orbi models? Don't see anything in the specs.

Message 5 of 7
BSTNWHLR
Aspirant

I purchased and installed a large Orbi configuration in my home about two years ago and have been happy with it, although I could use a somewhat stronger signal in some areas.  My configuration includes the router, two indoor extensions, and an outdoor extension unit.  Are you offering any type of upgrade for individuals that purchased the previous version?  I must have well over $1000 in that investment, and I'm hesitant to buy this new unit, although I suspect I'd appreciate some of its enhancements.  Help?

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

IF you can take advantage of AX wifi then it maybe something that you can try out. If not, you may want to hold on to whats working for you. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7