Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbiax 6000

joeldr2x
Follower

orbiax 6000

I have an isp that only uses Mikrotik equipment. My setup is dish connected to a barn garage that has a moikrotik routerboard attached inside that sends a signal to another mikrotik routerboard located in main house in tv/living room about 80ft from barn and the routerboard in living room is connected to another routerboar in kitchen about 35 to 40 ft away which an imac and an a macbookair connect wirelessly all connection are 2.4ghz. I want to remove all mikrotik router boards and use the orbi in the barn and what other netgear equipment in the house to increase my coverage and speed. Is this possible? My isp wont service this but I'm relevantly hany and fairly tech savy. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbiax 6000

You sould need to first check with the ISP to see if there modem/router can be replaced or used with a external router. Most Modem/Routers can be bridged or if not, use a DMZ/IP-Passthru. Or run the Orbi in AP mode if the ISP modem/router can't be configured well. 

80feet maybe too far for having the main orbi base to connect with satellies that are in the home. You could install a buried CAT6A LAN cable between the two buildings and this would be he main line to use between buildings. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7