× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bought a 3 pack Orbi wifi 7 970 But orbi refuse to honor the warranty

TOPS119
Apprentice

Bought a 3 pack Orbi wifi 7 970 But orbi refuse to honor the warranty

As my title states I bought this product bran new on Ebay a full 3 pack orbi wifi 7 will all the warranty still available based on the app But I was advised by the Netgear Orbi team that none of my warranty is valid and they will not honor it based on the fact we did not buy it directly from them or their suppliers.. So basically I am on my own with the 2500us product. How this become lawful? So im letting y'all know if you don't buy your system from Orbi/netgear all the warranty is useless even though it's very much visible on your devices. 

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Been a long time known fact that warranties are not tranferable from initial purchaser from most router mfrs. If they sell the unit to someone else, its doesn't transfer. Your on your own for support if you by used with out a warranty. If you want warranty and IF your going to spend that kind of money on something, it's best to get it from NG to be sure that your covered with warranty. 

https://kb.netgear.com/1113/Warranty-Return-Policy

Message 2 of 5
TOPS119
Apprentice

You notice you said if you buy used ? These are new products the 970 was just released less than a year I don't see why the warranty on the device wouldn't still be valid. Shouldn't matter who you buy it from, What if a person wanted to even extend the warranty already on the device why is that option not even available ?

Message 3 of 5
TOPS119
Apprentice

Well im just letting everybody aware because most of us like my self was not aware of this craziness 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Been like this for years. Other mfrs do same thing. 

I know you probably got the 970 series a bit cheaper on fleabay, however for that kind of cost, might as well spend the extra, get something new that includes the warranty. 

I believe there are good reasons why Mfrs don't allow warranty transfers. They don't know the condition of the items after it was purchased by the initial buyer, how it was handled and then know idea of how it was handled by a 2nd buyer for the used state. Not saying anyone would mishandle items and such. Just saying, there are some things that I presume most mfrs don't want to have to deal with past the initial buyer. They seem to want to keep the warranty and burden of all that with the initial buyer only. 

I presume from historical views, warranties and such with mfrs may have been abused in the past so Mfrs are taking steps to limit this. Just how it is. 

if you decide to keep the system, you can get free support and information here in the forums for your support needs. However this doesn't include hardware failures. 

Good Luck. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series