× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

System Crashed this morning (after Netgear released a firmware update for them also)

Dfran1
Apprentice

System Crashed this morning (after Netgear released a firmware update for them also)

After running solid for 30 days around, the RBE973s system crashed.

the RBR came back, BUT one satellite will not come online (or found by the RBR), the other satellite is stuck in optimizing.  All is wired backhaul, even if the wire portion crashed it should be on wireless backhaul. 

NO I am not home, But received lots of texts from those that are about all kinds of stuff not working.

I have auto update OFF, but noticed their is an update available on the RBR 970 , have no Idea what version firmware is on the RBS's now, but have a great hunch its related to the new firmware Netgear released today.  

I will update my finding latter or tomorrow,  whatever the problem it is .....  should have never happened to a $2,200 + system. 

I ran my other brand router 6E ( not wifi7) for 8 months solid with only one downtime, when I decided to do a scheduled firmware update , then it still ran till I swapped it with the 970 system.   JUST A MAJOR NOTE TO Netgear!

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: System Crashed this morning (after Netgear released a firmware update for them also)

What FW version is this running? 

NG is looking for this particular issue.

Can you get the debug web page data off the RBR and RBS? IP address/debug.htm

Message 2 of 6
Straq
NETGEAR Expert

Re: System Crashed this morning (after Netgear released a firmware update for them also)

Hi There,

Engineering Team here. 

I will be messaging you directly.

Also for a quick fix. Reboot router and satellites. If satellites still have issues. Please try factory reset on satellites only and wait 10mins and they should come back up and running

Message 3 of 6
Dfran1
Apprentice

I was running 9.10.0.2 when this happened this morning.

I tried to reboot the cable modem and RBR with no luck on getting the RBS’s running.

I finally got home and power cycled the RBS’s and both came back up.

I did the firmware update to the beta.
All went smooth , I did power cycle router and entire 970 system exactly as Furry recommended.

I noticed my soundbars took 5 minutes to connect after I power cycled them. Now I think all is working

I hope not but if it happens again I will try to get the logs
Unless you need the logs now?
Thank you all!!

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Monitor for now and keep us posted.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Might update if you see this, if you haven't already:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-7-BE-Mesh-Systems/New-RBE970-RBE971-Firmware-V9-10-4-1-1-...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7