× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Upgrade failed

jcastillo
Aspirant

Firmware Upgrade failed

Hello, we have a Netgear FS726TP that I am upgrading the firmware, What I dod was unplug everything, but my laptop, Then I placed my adapter to 192.168.0.X

network, and opened up SmartControl Center. it recognized my switch, but with an older firmware, 2.01_05. I tried upgrading to the latest firmware 2.01_14. When I did the upgrade, the firmware shows version "e", not 2.01_14, like it should. Can you help me or point me in the right direction?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware Upgrade failed

Hello jcastillo, 

Welcome to the community! 

Regarding your issue with the firmware update, try upgrading in a ladderized manner install 2.0.1_09 before jumping to 2.0.1_14. After performing the firmware upgrade, perform a factory reset by pushing the factory defaults button for 10 seconds. 

Hope this helps, I'll look forward to your response. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
jcastillo
Aspirant

Also, I forgot to mention that no matter what settings I apply, they will not stay after a reboot. Everything goes back to default. 

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jcastillo, 

Welcome to the community! 

Regarding your issue with the firmware update, try upgrading in a ladderized manner install 2.0.1_09 before jumping to 2.0.1_14. After performing the firmware upgrade, perform a factory reset by pushing the factory defaults button for 10 seconds. 

Hope this helps, I'll look forward to your response. 

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements