× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Ev3 defect?

p789
Aspirant

GS108Ev3 defect?

Hi,

I bought a used GS108v3 that according to the seller should be fine apart from port 1 not working, however when I connect it to power all I get are two blinking LEDs: Both power and (bizarrly) the right LED of port 8 are blinking green.

The switch is not accessible via tcp/ip and it seems dead to me.

Is there anything I could try?

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108Ev3 defect?

@p789 wrote:

I bought a used GS108v3 ...

a GS108Ev3 in this case.

If the reset key  press for some 2..5 secinds does not recover, I fear you have a broken switch, indeed. Some internal power supply logic likely defect.

PS. Have requested a moderator moving this thread to the more appropriate Plus And Smart Switches Forum to discuss Smart Switches (T) and Plus Switches (E), including Local and Remote Management, as this isn't a Managed Switch at all.

Message 2 of 5
p789
Aspirant

Yes, it's a GS108Ev3.

I have tried the reset key several times already but to no avail.

I have read postings about installing new firmware via tftp - would that be worth trying?

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@p789 wrote:

I have read postings about installing new firmware via tftp - would that be worth trying?

Unlikely, because of this is an unmanaged switch core, not a Smart Managed or Managed switch.

Message 4 of 5
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @p789,

If it has been reset and wired to your existing network and has not given signs that you can get a connection or a LAN IP address from your network. Sadly, this unit that you just bought from someone is faulty. You can check out our list of switches that will suit your needs.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements