× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Ev3 not accessible

Retired_Member
Not applicable

GS108Ev3 not accessible

Hi folks,

my GS108Ev3 (firmware 2.06.17) is not accessible anymore. It was up and running until yesterday. Today I wanted to access the Web-UI, but port 80 is closed (RST). ProSafe Plus Utility is not working, too. First i rebooted, then I factory resetted the device, but it did not resolve my issue.

Switch and LAN client are in the same network (DHCP). I even tried offline configuration by adding my LAN client to the 192.168.0.239/24 network.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!Netgear.PNG

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: GS108Ev3 not accessible

After trying some more time it is now working again. Solution was to set my MTU to 1500. I had reduced my MTU some time ago, but it seems the GS108E was not happy with my config.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Hm, a factory reset and your standalone re-config procedure should bring the beast back alive. Somewhat unlikely you receive an (otherwise empty) packet with a header and the RST flag set in case the switch microcontroller is completely inop. 

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

After trying some more time it is now working again. Solution was to set my MTU to 1500. I had reduced my MTU some time ago, but it seems the GS108E was not happy with my config.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Solution was to set my MTU to 1500. I had reduced my MTU some time ago, but it seems the GS108E was not happy with my config.

These switches resp. the very basic controller IP stack isn't workable with non-standard reduced MTU. People operating VPNs for example often report the Plus Switch reachability failure (WebUI or the no longer supported Plus utility).

Message 4 of 5
imatthewtanner
Aspirant

I just had similar issues and similar conclusions. So thanks for the post!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements