× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Ev3 won't save Power Saving Mode

mwhitlock
Initiate

GS108Ev3 won't save Power Saving Mode

The Netgear GS108Ev3 Plus Switch running firmware V2.06.24EN will not save the Power Saving Mode setting on the Switch Information page. There are multiple bugs/deficiencies in the UI that cause this inability to save the setting:

• Clicking the "Power Saving Mode" radio buttons does not enable the "Apply" button at the top of the page, but you can change some other setting on the page (and then change it back) to force the "Apply" button to be enabled.
  • Clicking the "Power Saving Mode" radio buttons attempts to call a JavaScript function named "enablePwrSavBtns", which is not defined and so results in an error that is logged to the JavaScript console.
  • The "Power Saving Mode" radio buttons are contained in a separate HTML form versus the rest of the settings on the "Switch Information" page, so the "Apply" button actually submits the wrong form and does not submit the selected power saving mode at all.

It is actually possible to apply the selected power saving mode by opening the JavaScript console and executing "document.pwrSaving.submit()" to manually submit the separate HTML form that contains the "Power Saving Mode" radio buttons, but obviously this is hackish, and most users could not be expected to figure this out.

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108Ev3 won't save Power Saving Mode

@JohnC_V please - have no GS108Ev3 at hand to check. Merry Xmas!

Message 2 of 3
mwhitlock
Initiate

Re: GS108Ev3 won't save Power Saving Mode

Oddly, now enablePwrSavBtns() is defined (in function.js), and the buttons do get enabled when I click on one of the "Power Saving Mode" radio buttons. I think the function.js from the previous firmware version was cached in my browser due to the "Cache-Control: max-age=36000" HTTP response header. Maybe the cache-busting "?v1.10" query string was not bumped when function.js was modified for firmware V2.06.24. Anyway, clearing the browser cache (or waiting 10 hours for the cached resource to expire) gets it working as intended.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements