× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Tv2 Can't write time?

TAC57
Aspirant

GS108Tv2 Can't write time?

I just unboxed a new GS108Tv2 that I've had in the box for quite some time.  It seems to work OK, but I can't write the date message is "Error: Failed to set Local date".  It won't take a new password either.

I've also tried to update the firmware and that doesn't update either.

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit smart switch
Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108Tv2 Can't write time?

@TAC57,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try using other browsers or use Incognito mode in Chrome then login again to the web-GUI of your GS108Tv2.  Check if the same problem will occur.  

What is the current firmware version of your GS108Tv2? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
TAC57
Aspirant

Tried with Firefox in private mode and Chrome in incognito with no luck.  Also can't change p/w or update firmware.

Boot: B5.1.0.2, s/w: 5.4.2.13

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@TAC57,

I suggest you to perform a factory reset on your GS108Tv2.  With default settings, check if you will be able to change the password as well update the firmware to the latest version which is v5.4.2.35.  You can download firmware v5.4.2.35 here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
TAC57
Aspirant

@DaneA a factory reset did the trick on being able to update my p/w and writing the time and date.  No luck on updating the firmware, went to 31% and stopped.

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@TAC57,

I apologize for the late response. 😞   Let us use image 2 (if ever image 1 is currently active or vice versa). Here are the steps:

1. On your PC, download the latest firmware v5.4.2.35 from this link then unzip it.  Save it on your the PC.  

2. Disconnect the GS108Tv2 switch from the existing network.

3. Connect a PC directly to a LAN port (management port) of the GS108Tv2 switch.  Set a static IP address on the PC that is within the same IP range of the IP address set on the GS108Tv2 switch.  

4. Access the web-GUI of the GS108Tv2 switch.

5. Go to Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image > Dual Image Status. Check the current-active image. 

Note: If the current-active image is image1 then we need to activate image2 (or vice versa) then reflash the firmware. Let say for example, the current-active image is image1 with firmware v5.4.2.35 and image2 is the next-active which has either an old firmware version or latest version as well.

6. Let's activate image2.  Go to Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image > Dual Image Configuration.  On the image name, select image2 then check the Active Image box and click Apply.  

7. Go to Maintenance > Reset > Device Reboot.  Check the box and click Apply.  Wait until the GS108Tv2 switch reboots.

8. After the GS108Tv2 switch booted up, go to Maintenance > File Management > Dual Image > Dual Image Status. Check the current-active image.  Image2 should be the current-active image. 

From steps 1-5, kindly read pages 7-10 to 7-12 of the GS108Tv2 software administration manual here about Dual Image Configuration and Dual Image Status.  

9. Now that image2 is activated, we will now update the firmware.  Go to Maintenance > Download > HTTP File Download.

10. On the File Type, select Archive.  Then, browse the the latest firmware v5.4.2.35 you have unzip earlier. and click Apply.

Note: After a file transfer is started, wait until the screen refreshes. When the screen refreshes, the Select File option is blanked out. This indicates that the file transfer is done.

11. After uploading the firmware v5.4.2.35 on image2.  Go to Maintenance > Reset > Factory Default.  Check the box and click Apply. This will factory reset the GS108Tv2 switch.  Wait until the switch boots up properly.

12. Reconfigure the setting from scratch and reconnect it to the existing network.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements