× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS305E slow download speed, fine upload speed

gherlein
Follower

GS305E slow download speed, fine upload speed

GS503E serial number 5W1xxxxxxxxxx.  Problem existed on V1.0.0.9, upgraded to V1.0.0.11 and is still there.

Topology:  Ubiquity DMP Router <--> GS305E <--> linux box

Using a computer with a known good GBE port, ran speedtest with the switch in the middle:

Download: 81.47 Mbit/s
Upload: 794.78 Mbit/s

remove the GS305E and put the linux box directly to the router:

Download: 747.84 Mbit/s
Upload: 845.67 Mbit/s

I carefully swapped cables around to ensure that it was not a cable - every cable used has delivered high speed, so I know it's not a cable.

I configured the switch to use static IP, no monitoring port, no IGM snooping.   There should be no compute load on the switch at all.

My observation is that this switch is slowing down downloads somehow.  Any ideas before I return it?

Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS305E slow download speed, fine upload speed

@gherlein,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Let's try to perform a factory reset on the GS503E then observe if the same problem will occur.  If the same problem recur, kindly open a support ticket with the NETGEAR Support Team here at anytime for a hardware check.  Then, if the GS503E has been proven faulty, be ready to upload a soft copy of its Proof of Purchase for warranty verification.  If the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will be processed.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements