× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS305EPP Port 4 Not Forwarding DHCP

ds563289290hg
Aspirant

GS305EPP Port 4 Not Forwarding DHCP

My GS305EPP is not forwarding DHCP on Port from Firewalla Gold.   Port 3 is configured in PVID exactly the same and the QNAP DHCP gets an address properly (switched QNAP to Port 4 and it didn't connect to network!).   Port 4 Right Light is SOLID AMBER indicating a Power Fault yet POE is turned on only on Port 1. This is replacement switch I received about three weeks ago.  After re-powering the switch Port 4 Right is still SOLID AMBER.   Is this port defective and I should request a replacement...again?

Message 1 of 15
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS305EPP Port 4 Not Forwarding DHCP

Scratch configured or restored some old backup config?

Can't tell you what the odd solid amber PoE LED want to indicate there - something must go badly wrong. Please open ticket with the Netgear Support please, add a link to this thread.

Message 2 of 15
ds563289290hg
Aspirant

I did open a ticket. The user manual states solid amber indicates a POE error. In the POE page I reset Port 4 but it stayed amber. That port was working on and off before the amber color came on. Will post link when I hear back. 🙏
Message 3 of 15
ds563289290hg
Aspirant

I set it up as new as I had installed the latest firmware on it and my saved configuration was on older firmware.
Message 4 of 15
schumaku
Guru

So this issue - both the PoE error LED, and partial loss of communication (DHCP) - does only occur with the port connected to this Firewalla Gold, but not while connected to another network also serving DHCP?

Message 5 of 15
schumaku
Guru

Assuming your Firewalla Gold isn't a PoE PD, and it does not request PoE, keep the PoE enabled (default, don't disable). Is the suspect false PoE-error indication retained?

Message 6 of 15
ds563289290hg
Aspirant

The Netgear GS305EPP is connected to the Firewalla Gold Router via the UPLINK port which is not POE.   

Message 7 of 15
ds563289290hg
Aspirant

I enabled POE on Port 4.   Right Light still AMBER.   

Message 8 of 15
schumaku
Guru

Unplugged and replugged the link?

Message 9 of 15
ds563289290hg
Aspirant

Yes, still Amber.  The Left Light blinks Green as if passing traffic but MBP will not get DHCP IP Address just like TV and QNAP on Port 4. 

Message 10 of 15
schumaku
Guru

When moving the Firewalla Gold to a different port (the same VLAN config of course permitting), the error LED does move with the connection?

Message 11 of 15
ds563289290hg
Aspirant

The Firewalla Gold https://firewalla.com/products/firewalla-gold is a Router/Firewall that connects to Internet Modem.   Port 5 is the uplink port to Firewalla and does not have POE; only ports 1-4.   Firewalla has nothing to do with the problem.  

Message 12 of 15
schumaku
Guru

@ds563289290hg wrote:

The Firewalla Gold https://firewalla.com/products/firewalla-gold is a Router/Firewall that connects to Internet Modem.   Port 5 is the uplink port to Firewalla and does not have POE; only ports 1-4.   Firewalla has nothing to do with the problem.  

How is the GS305EPP configured, e.g. VLANs?

Are all ports set to the same VLAN as access ports (untagged, PVID)?

What is connected exactly to the port you experience the issue (PoE LED, no DHCP)?

You say there is traffic. Does setting the computer to a free LAN IP address, the correct subnet mask, and the correct default gateway provide LAN and Internet access?

Does the problem move with the device connected to the GS305EPP to a different port (permitting the same VLAN port config is in place)?

Message 13 of 15
ds563289290hg
Aspirant

Port 1 and 2 are for APs that use VLAN 1, 2, 3.  Port 3 is for QNAP Server which is VLAN 1, 4 is for the new TV.  

Netgear is sending me a new unit.   

Message 14 of 15
ds563289290hg
Aspirant

Warranty GS305EPP replacement installed. Problem fixed.
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements