× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS308E didn't send any data

jreg2k
Aspirant

GS308E didn't send any data

I am struggling to update my GS308E switch.

Every time I try to save a change. I've got this page:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx didn't send any data

jreg2k_0-1685040520838.png

I have tried to update the firmware but nothing happen.

Any idea will be welcomed.

Regards.

Model: GS308E|8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch
Message 1 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS308E didn't send any data

What now exactly - updating the firmware, or applying config changes? Let us please know exactly what you try to do, in as much detail as possible. How is the network connected, what else is connected, how does this Web browser computer reach the Web UI? Have some VLAN configured to access the device Web UI for example?

Message 2 of 7
jreg2k
Aspirant

Hi @schumaku,

I used to use Google Chrome and communication errors occurred with this browser. Using Firefox I was able to change settings without any problems.

The only remaining problem concerns updates, which I still can't do, at least I think so, as I can't see the current firmware version that's running at the moment.

Regards.

Message 3 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Provide a screenshot from the device Web UI entry/home page - titled System Info please.

Considering the html code, the css and the JS is extremely basic: What Chrome browser version are you using, on what platform? Any Internet Security wonders intercepting valid content probably? Have a mobile phone with an average Web browser at hand, connecting to the WiFi network, accessing the same LAN IP of the switch?

Message 4 of 7
jreg2k
Aspirant

As requested the System Info screenshot:

jreg2k_0-1685140371427.png

What Chrome browser version are you using

Version 113.0.5672.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)

on what platform?

On Fedora Linux  with kernel 6.2.15-300.fc38.x86_64 

Any Internet Security wonders intercepting valid content probably?

Probably no

Have a mobile phone with an average Web browser at hand, connecting to the WiFi network, accessing the same LAN IP of the switch?

Same result with an Android phone .. I was trying to change the hostname, after hiting "Apply", the same screen appears ...

Screenshot_20230526-183847.jpg

Message 5 of 7
Bastian162
Aspirant

Betreff: GS308E didn't send any data

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Start with updating the switch to the current firmware https://www.netgear.com/support/product/gs308e#download

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements