× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS308EP VLAN Config Assistance

James734
Aspirant

GS308EP VLAN Config Assistance

Trying to setup the below and I cannot seem to make this work. I have a Meraki GX50 for all of my home network with AP's. I also have a company provide WFH solution that uses a ISR1100 for a VPN connection that also provides phone services. I'm trying to extend this out to my office and separate home and business traffic with VLAN's. I think I've got it all configured properly but I cannot get a DHCP IP on the Phone or Laptop connected to Office Switch ports 3 & 4. The AP that is using native/default VLAN1 is working fine and if I remove the configuration for port 4 (Laptop) I can get a DHCP IP from the Meraki. If I remove the switches and patch the ISR directly to the office data port it works. Any suggestions?

screenshot_1305.png

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
James734
Aspirant

Re: GS308EP VLAN Config Assistance

I tried the non advanced mode also with a Trunk between the switches and Access ports configured in their respective VLAN. I couldn’t get that work so I tried the advanced mode as referenced in some other posts and docs. That didn’t work either. Though believe I figured that out and was due to the DOT1X on the ISR1100 and no way to authenticate.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
James734
Aspirant

Message 2 of 5
James734
Aspirant

I think I figured this out. Was able to login into the ISR1100 and corp has configured DOT1X Port Security, Since I cannot authenticate the switch it's blocking all traffic from that MAC address on the port. 

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Appears you full ignore the ability to define something like Access Ports (where you need to connect devices only for VLAN 1 or VLAN 10, like the PC and the VoIP device resp. the related infrastructure, and nothing else) and Trunk Ports where all traffic is flowing between the two switches over a trunk, to [T]agged for VLAN 1 and [T]agged for VLAN 10, and nothing else..

Message 4 of 5
James734
Aspirant

I tried the non advanced mode also with a Trunk between the switches and Access ports configured in their respective VLAN. I couldn’t get that work so I tried the advanced mode as referenced in some other posts and docs. That didn’t work either. Though believe I figured that out and was due to the DOT1X on the ISR1100 and no way to authenticate.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements