× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS308EPP POE switch web interface does not display properly

mike698
Aspirant

GS308EPP POE switch web interface does not display properly

The device has been connected for about a year without issue, but when I go to the web interface now, I see a jumble of unreadable options:

GS308EPP.jpg

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS308EPP POE switch web interface does not display properly

Still suspect there could be multiple systems on your LAN with the same IP addresses like the two GS308EPP,

The Netgear Switch Discovery Tool does make use of a pure L2 protocol (NSDP) so the discovery of the switch, and gathering switch names, models, firmware versions, et all does run almost indepedent from IPv4. The point is: This does not proof the addresses are not occupied my multiple devices. In case the IP addresses are coming from DHCP, please create new MAC-IP reservations on your DHCP server, or push complete different IPv4 addresses to the switch config. The level of issues - different UI and details unlikely related to GS308EPP switches, and failing Web UI - does almost proof something fishy.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Are you convinced this is your GS308EPP on this 192.168.1.253 LAN IP address? Neither does the UI look like what your screenshots show, nor does (to my knowledge) Netgear use an /index.cgi in the Web UI.

Try the NETGEAR Switch Discovery Tool (NSDT) - available for Windows, Mac, and Linux to discover the switch LAN IP address (and model) please. 

Message 2 of 10
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mike698,

What Web Browser/s have you used to access the Admin interface? Is the issue evident in different computers like Windows and Mac?

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 10
mike698
Aspirant

It is - if i hit refresh several times it will partially load and show the options for the switch. 

Message 4 of 10
mike698
Aspirant

Chome and edge on windows 11 and android mobile - all produce similar results

Message 5 of 10
mike698
Aspirant

Message 6 of 10
mike698
Aspirant

Message 7 of 10
mike698
Aspirant

Message 8 of 10
schumaku
Guru

Still suspect there could be multiple systems on your LAN with the same IP addresses like the two GS308EPP,

The Netgear Switch Discovery Tool does make use of a pure L2 protocol (NSDP) so the discovery of the switch, and gathering switch names, models, firmware versions, et all does run almost indepedent from IPv4. The point is: This does not proof the addresses are not occupied my multiple devices. In case the IP addresses are coming from DHCP, please create new MAC-IP reservations on your DHCP server, or push complete different IPv4 addresses to the switch config. The level of issues - different UI and details unlikely related to GS308EPP switches, and failing Web UI - does almost proof something fishy.

Message 9 of 10
mike698
Aspirant

I always had a DHCP reservation for the switches, but despite this i did change the IP address on the reservations (i have two switches).  After doing so and rebooting everything they are working again.  Strange as I dont see anything else responding to the old IP's, but im happy that i can access the devices again.  Thanks for the help.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements