× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724T V3 many questions

Araltd
Follower

GS724T V3 many questions

I recently bought a GS724T V3. I am having a few issues, wondering if anyone is familar enough to help or is this device just too old?

Bios is current version of 5.4.2.30

I use firefox as my browser, and none of the java required pages will load ie: device view. It tells me to install java, and after reading other posts it seems java is no longer supported in any modern browser, so I guess I simply can not see those views?

For some reason, after ## period of time (usually a few days) I can no longer see or access the switch with the scc app or web browser, entering the ip just returns nothing...I have to manually restart (power cycle) the switch to make it viewable/findable again. (retains the same ip, just after # days it cant be logged into, the lan is still working but I can't access the switch itself)

Can anyone suggest some basic settings for this? should I enable all the ddos?

I assume the license key it says I do not have, is no longer available? as I have been unable to find any docs on it except it was used for video of somekind?

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS724T V3 many questions

With Jave Applets no longer available on browsers, some nice looking but not essential views were lost.

The special licenses were available for AVB operations, requiring certain key protocols like PTPv2. https://support.biamp.com/Tesira/AVB/Using_Dante_and_AVB_protocols_together_on_the_Netgear_GS724Tv4_...

Unless the switch does break loops eg. by STP, aged hardware can be cumbersome to operate. Same electronic can run out of specs over time (especially caps), or parts which can run under higher thermal loads can become critical.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements