× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724Tv4 - Bringing switch on and offline

YakATech
Follower

GS724Tv4 - Bringing switch on and offline

Hello,

I will start off that I am in no way a networking guy. I am an automation engineer with a basic understanding at best. In any case, I have been presented with a unique situation where I have time sensitive communications over ethernet, which works with 0 issues, until I bring online an additional part of the network. During a short time span, it appears the network is getting flooded and pushes my time sensitive packets outside of the required range, shutting down my process. Shortly after boot up of the additional network switch, all comms returns to normal.

The network setup is simple and will essentially be permeant, outside of a programmer or two connecting to it on occasion. It is three GS724Tv4 switches with one being essential and always running. This switch has the primary CPU which is what is sending and receiving data to all other devices on the network. The other two switches have near identical networks, with 50 or so devices and a few unmanaged switches per switch. These two networks need to come on and offline, but do not need to affect communications between the other network and the primary when they do come online.

So what are my solutions in preventing this situation. Maybe some of the broadcasting is from the CPU trying to connect to devices that don't exist on the network and when a new switch comes online it starts bouncing around until the network is fully discovered? Sorry if this is vague and not enough detail. Tell me what information you need from me to help me! Looking at some of the logs, there is not much to go on from I can tell. Just the link coming up and down.

Thanks

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements