× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS728TP - GUI and LLDP

2ashuster
Follower

GS728TP - GUI and LLDP

Hi to all,

I have two issues. Hopefully, someone can help:

• When I go to the web interface of the switch (doesn't matter which browser) the top area consists of the model information which repeats itself through several lines which causes the real interface of the switch to be visible on half of the screen - I attached an image.

2ashuster_0-1652131176591.png

2ashuster_1-1652131238421.png

• I enabled the LLDP so I can see what end devices are connected to the ports, but it refuses to identify the devices, any suggestions on what I missed?

Thanks

Avi

Message 1 of 2
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Re: GS728TP - GUI and LLDP

I'm not that familiar anymore with the web-managed only switches from Netgear, but like the fully managed switches, there is a global option and a per-port option to control LLDP. Check out the software administration manual for your switch, LLDP is mentioned starting page 56.

According to the screenshots, I suggest first checking if LLDP is enable at the switch level at all, then check the "Admin Status" at the port level, you'll have to set it at least to "Rx only" in order to receive any information from LLDP-enabled devices connected to a switch port. If you want to send out LLDP frames from the switch, set it to "Tx & Rx". (And there are other additional options what data is being sent out ...)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements