× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS752TP Firmware Upgrade Failed

mskinnerwmsi
Aspirant

GS752TP Firmware Upgrade Failed

I attempted to upgrade a GS752TP from firmware version 60.0.1.16 to 60.0.1.30.  I followed the instructions here, just with the 60.0.1.30 firmware instead of .24 as shown in the instructions.  When I rebooted, the switch powered up, but I cannot connect to it in any way.  The Power LED lights up and alternately switches between green and orange very slowly (maybe once a minute).  The LED Mode LED is on solid green.  When the Power LED is orange, the port 37 and 43 link LEDs light up solid regardless of if anything is plugged in.  When the Power LED is green, whatever ports I plug into will light up solid orange.  The LED Mode LED stays on solid green the whole time.

I've tried pushing the "Reset" and "Factory Default" buttons on the front and they don't seem to do anything (i.e. - it doesn't reboot/reset as far as I can tell).  I've tried connecting to Smart Control Center, but nothing shows up.  I've tried the default IP's I can find in the documentation (192.168.0.239 and 192.168.1.1) and I can't access the web interface.

Obviously, something went wrong in the upgrade process, but I'm really not sure how to even troubleshoot since the switch is basically non-responsive to anything I do.  

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS752TP Firmware Upgrade Failed

@mskinnerwmsi,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Found out from the NETGEAR Support Team that you have already an ongoing support ticket regarding your concern.  You may want to post here the progress if it.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
mskinnerwmsi
Aspirant

Re: GS752TP Firmware Upgrade Failed

I called Netgear support and they confirmed with me that I had tried all the troubleshooting steps they would have recommended and that they considered the unit bricked.  They quickly agreed to replace and overnighted the new unit.  Doesn't really help explain what went wrong, but I'm whole at least.  Kudos to Netgear's support.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements