× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Graphical User Interface for GS108Tv1 and v2

Moises
Follower

Graphical User Interface for GS108Tv1 and v2

Hi,

Is there a way to use the JAVA based Graphical User Interface on the GS108T v1 and V2 ?

I upgraded the v1 to Firmware V3.0.4.10 and got a very Simple WeB Interface. Is it possible to Revert ?

And which Version that uses the Java GUI?

Model: GS108|Gigabit Switches
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Graphical User Interface for GS108Tv1 and v2

SInce around 2007 the GS108Tv3 on the early v3.0.x firmware, there is this as you say "simple" Web UI .... which is still used with a lightly renewed CSS style in the year 2021 on all Netgear Plus, Smart Managed Pro, and the Managed switches. (Reference: GS108T Smart Switch Software Administration Manual v1.0 December 2007)

To my knowledge, the only Java usage was in the Device View which was part of some Smart Manged Pro switches, but this plugin (using Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface [NPAPI]) was obsoleted by the browser makers years ago already. Older switch models have not received an update or redesign (the code is still in place, it just can't work - so not a question of a certain older firmware), newer switch models come with a HTML5 based Device View. Unless I'm very wrong, the v1 factory firmware did not had a Web UI at all - only the Smart Control Utility could be used initially. 

Is this Windows-only-based Smart Control Utility (Adobe Flash or whatever based) what you have in mind?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements