× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Managed switch refuses WEB connection after firmware upgrade

austin_sabolcik
Aspirant

Managed switch refuses WEB connection after firmware upgrade

After upgrading my firmware via the WEB interface to version 2.6.0.48 the switch refuses to accept a web connection to the configuration interface.  If I ping the switch's IP address it responds and it is routing traffic normally.  To be explicit the WEB interface that prompts for the password never appears I get a error in my browser that the device refused the connection.

Trying to do a hard reset via the reset button never causes the power light to flash.

I've also tried to connect via the ProSafe windows utility and it finds the switch on the network but it also refuses to connect.

Any ideas?  Is the management part of my switch bricked?

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 3
austin_sabolcik
Aspirant

I was able to access the switch by using my cell phone on the WIFI network to get access to the WEB page.  With the latest firmware there is a setting that disables the ProSAFE utility and only allows WEB access by default.  I changed the setting to allow access from the utility and can now access via a web browser on my phone or the utility on my PC.

If I use a WEB browser from my PC I get the failure to connect message.  My PC is connected to the switch via an eternet cable.  Not sure how it will perform from a PC that is using WIFI instead.

At least I can access it now, but would like to understand why the wired machine WEB interface is failing.

I have rebooted my router (which isn't part of my netgear switch).

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@austin_sabolcik,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Is your PC directly connected to the GS116Ev2?  

On your PC, check if you can get replies when you ping the IP Address of the GS116Ev2.

Kindly try to use Incognito mode on Chrome and check if you will be able to access the web-GUI of the GS116Ev2.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements