× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear ProSafe JGS524Ev2 - IP/MAC Address Table

mparikh
Aspirant

Netgear ProSafe JGS524Ev2 - IP/MAC Address Table

Hello Everyone,

Model: JGS524Ev2

Firmware:  2.0.1.40

Utility: ver 2.4.3

My name is Meet Parikh and I'm an Electrical Engineering at CTDI in West Chester PA. Now I just joined the company after graduating from Penn State and have been on the job for about a week. My manager has given me a project that was on standstill as the guy working on it transfered to another division and it's my job to finish it. My manager gave me the ProSAFE JGS524E v2 Switch and told me to use either SNMP or SSH protocols to communicate with properitary software that CTDI uses and in addition to that pull the IP/MAC address table from the switch. I researched online but I couldn't find how to do so with this switch. So Is there a way to 

• Use Utility/Web Management to get IP/MAC Address Table?
  • Remotely (through SNMP, SSH, Telnet, etc....) get the IP Address of the device connected on a specific port of the switch?
  • Remotely (through SNMP, SSH, Telnet, etc....) control (enable/disable) a specific port on the switch

Thank you,

Meet Parikh

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 24-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear ProSafe JGS524Ev2 - IP/MAC Address Table

Hi Mparikh

The Switches that support VLAN, Telnet, SNMP,SSH,CLI are our Fully Managed switches , see below a a link with all our fully managed families:

https://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/managed/

About the IP/MAC/Port Address you will have to combine a sh arp and sh mac-addr-table to be able to get the IP/MAC/Port

Regards

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mparikh

Welcome to our community!

Unfortunately the JGS524E doesn't support SSH/SNMP or CLI so in this case you will not be able to get the MAC address table from the switch.

I would suggest to use our M4100 switch series where we support SSH and SNMP and you can send commands to get the MAC address table

https://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/managed/M4100-26G.aspx#tab-techspecs

Hope it helps!

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 2 of 5
mparikh
Aspirant

Does JGS524Ev2 have VLAN capabilities, or what switch would you recommend for both telnet/SNMP/SSH and VLAN capabilities.

Thank You,

Meet Parikh

Message 3 of 5
mparikh
Aspirant

I meant to ask you the following question in the previous reply post:

What switches does Netgear have with VLAN capability in addition to remote control (Telnet, SNMP, SSH, CLI) to enable/disable ports and get IP Address of devices connected to the ports?

Thank You,

Meet Parikh

Message 4 of 5
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mparikh

The Switches that support VLAN, Telnet, SNMP,SSH,CLI are our Fully Managed switches , see below a a link with all our fully managed families:

https://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/managed/

About the IP/MAC/Port Address you will have to combine a sh arp and sh mac-addr-table to be able to get the IP/MAC/Port

Regards

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements