× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Number of failed login attempts on gs324t

Markus27
Aspirant

Number of failed login attempts on gs324t

Hello,

for security it is always good to lock the login screen after too much failed login attempts. On the gs308t this functionality is by default active. Unfortunately, on the gs324t not, and I found no way to activate this simple security feature.

Firmware: 1.0.0.38

Does somebody has any idea?

Model: GS324T|NETGEAR® S350 Series 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Number of failed login attempts on gs324t

Hi Markus27,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

We do apologize for that. I believe the switch is working as expected. You may try to share this idea with our Ideas exchange for business board so that our engineering team may consider it in the future firmware release.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 5
Markus27
Aspirant

Hello JohnC_V,

if this is the expected behaviour, I’m really disappointed.

A “fail2ban” functionality for admin logins is one of the simplest security functionalities. Unfortunately, it’s not available on a switch for business…. very disappointing….

Even more interesting that the small switch gs308t has this feature enabled by default?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Markus,

GS308T and GS324T were launched at the same time and they should have similar firmware features.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@John_C Agree the features should be the same. Trouble is that different platforms and teams are involved, and intrusion prevention isn't part of the data sheet specs. This makes the behaviour and feature behaviour kind of random. Please double check with the PM and switch engineering.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements