× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Prosafe FS726TP Not discovered by either SMartWizard or SCC

askme233
Aspirant

Prosafe FS726TP Not discovered by either SMartWizard or SCC

I am attempting to upgrade the Firmwareof the switch. Upgrade instructions indicate that I may need  to use Smartwizard to upgrade the Bootloader and then will need SCC to apply the firmware upgrade. 

Product Name FS726TP
Firmware Version V2.0.1_02
Protocol Version 2.001.002
DHCP Enable
IP address 192.168.1.250
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.1

The switch is showing current firmware version of 2.001.002, which I think implies that the bootloader is already upgraded (as the instructions for that firmware version requires the bootlader upgrade as well).  However, I am unable to discover the switch with either Smartwizard 2.05.05 or with SCC Version 1.1.3.3.  The switch is on the network and easily accessible fromn  the browser.  I am directly connected to the switch.

Are there steps I can take to discover or manually add in the switch location to SCC?  Am I correct in assuming the Bootlader is already upgraded?

Thanks.

Model: FS726TP|ProSAFE 24-port Smart Switch with 2 Gigabit ports and PoE
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Prosafe FS726TP Not discovered by either SMartWizard or SCC

Hi askme233,

My bad! 😞  I found out that there are only 2 options available on the Firmware Menu when you access the web-GUI of the FS726TP.  The 2 options are: Configuration Backup and Factory Reset.   There is no option to perform a firmware upgrade.  

Here are my follow-up questions:

a. Does your PC/laptop have a software firewall or anti-virus installed?  If yes, kindly disable or uninstall it for the meantime and check if the FS726TP will be detected by the SCC utility.

b. Have you tried using other PCs/laptops and check if the FS726TP will be detected by the SCC utility? 

c. Have you tried to reboot the FS726TP then check if it will be detected by the SCC utility?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi askme233,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since the FS726TP is on firmware v2.0.1_02, I believe the boot code has been updated already.  You mentioned that the switch is easily accessible from the browser, have you tried to perform the firmware upgrade via its web-GUI? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
askme233
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. I looked for an option to upgrade from the GUI, but saw nothing. There is a Firmware menu section, but I only recall options to save config, reset, or reboot. Is there something I am missing?
Message 3 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi askme233,

My bad! 😞  I found out that there are only 2 options available on the Firmware Menu when you access the web-GUI of the FS726TP.  The 2 options are: Configuration Backup and Factory Reset.   There is no option to perform a firmware upgrade.  

Here are my follow-up questions:

a. Does your PC/laptop have a software firewall or anti-virus installed?  If yes, kindly disable or uninstall it for the meantime and check if the FS726TP will be detected by the SCC utility.

b. Have you tried using other PCs/laptops and check if the FS726TP will be detected by the SCC utility? 

c. Have you tried to reboot the FS726TP then check if it will be detected by the SCC utility?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
askme233
Aspirant

Thanks. I will try those options.
Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi askme233,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Any updates?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
askme233
Aspirant

Thanks,

I am not sure what the issue was, but I took your advice and used an attached server (with lower AV standards).  That machine was able to see the switch.  After a few failed loads of the firmware, I was able to apply it.  

Didn't fix the underlying issue I was trying to fix.  That will be a new post.

Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi askme233,

I am glad that the FS726TP was detected by the SCC utility and you've finally upgraded its firmware. 🙂 

Fell free to post your future concerns here in the NETGEAR community. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements