× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Prosafe GS728TP Radius doesn't work

sysadm1
Follower

Prosafe GS728TP Radius doesn't work

Hi, 

I'm trying to configure a ProSafe GS728TP switch to use a radius server on a Windows Server 2019 to authenticate users on the network, but the switch can not connect to the radius server.

What I've done so far;

• Updated the firmware to the latest version
  • Configured the Radius server settings in the switch to the Windows Server IP address
  • Configured the Accounting server
  • Set the port connected to the server as Active
  • Set Port Authentication to Enabled
  • Configured workstations through Group Policy to use Wired Network Policies (IEEE 802.3)
  • The firewall is disabled on the server.

When i do my test from my client machine to authenticate a user, i don't see any connection from the switch to the radius server. 

I tried after that to authenticate the Admin user of the switch using 'Radius - Local - None' options, and then i noticed that the switch was able to request my radius server ! and when i disable this options 'Radius - Local - None' the switch don't send any request to the radius server ? 

Can you please help, on how can i configure the radius on my switch without activate the 'Radius - Local - None' ? 

Model: GS728TP|ProSafe 24 ports PoE Smart switch with 8 PoE+ ports
Message 1 of 2
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Prosafe GS728TP Radius doesn't work

@sysadm1,

Welcome to the community! 

Have you also tried setting the port connected to the RADIUS Server into Force Authorized mode which is located on Security > Port Authentication > Advanced > Port Authentication?

For your reference, please check this KB article.

Regards, 

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements