× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SFP ports don't work after firmware update

FBCMoyock
Tutor

SFP ports don't work after firmware update

After upgrading the firmware from 1.0.4.16 to 1.0.5.12 my SFP ports no longer work. I am using RJ45 SFP adapters that were working perfectly prior to the update. I have also tried version 1.0.5.22 with the same results.  Rolled back to 1.0.4.16 and they work.  Any suggestions?

Model: GS510TP|ProSafe 8 ports PoE smart switch with fiber uplink
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
FBCMoyock
Tutor

Re: SFP ports don't work after firmware update

I switched to genuine Netgear adapers and everything is working fine

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Hm, more a GC510P or GC510PP? I would not write here without my GC510PP SFP ports in workable condition 8-)

The v1.0.5.12 (same for the GC110, GC110P, GC510P and GC510PP) is more than one year old - not sure why you upload such an dated version - as per the records Netgear pushed these and newer versions on Insight over the last 12 or 13 months. In local management, you could consider to upload GC110 / GC110P / GC510P / GC510PP Firmware Version 1.0.5.25 to the same Flash section (not to loose 1.0.4.16).

Message 2 of 13
FBCMoyock
Tutor

I did try the latest 1.0.5.25. That's where I first noticed the problem. I went from 4.16 to 5.25. Down graded to 1.0.4.16 and they work, decided to start with .15 and see if it would work. It didn't so I didn't see a need to go back to .25 until I checked to see if this was an issue anyone else had.

Model: GS510TLP|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports (75W)
Message 3 of 13
SloppyJoe
Aspirant

I have the same problem. My sfp modules are working with 1.0.4.16 but not with 1.0.5.27, extremely annoying.

After the upgrade the sfp link goes up and down allt the time. It kind of works for a second or two but then the link goes down. Happy for any suggestions on how to fix this!

Model: GC510P|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports
Message 4 of 13
FBCMoyock
Tutor

I am now on the latest firmware and no change. I was using 3rd party adapters. I took a chance and bought a Netgear brand AGM734 and it is working.  I have ordered a 2nd for the other port.  Not sure why my generics stopped working after the upgrade though. 

Message 5 of 13
schumaku
Guru

@FBCMoyock wrote:

I was using 3rd party adapters. ... Not sure why my generics stopped working after the upgrade though. 

Exact details please.

Message 6 of 13
SloppyJoe
Aspirant

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm using ubiquiti UF-RJ45-1G modules. It may then be that they are incompatible with later firmware than .4.16.

Model: GC510P|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports
Message 7 of 13
schumaku
Guru

Interesting, we're operating no-name Cisco-ID flashed 1G SFP RJ45 modules - absolutely flawless on 1.0.5.27.

Message 8 of 13
NetworkGB
Aspirant

This is happen to me too , I have this version : 1.0.5.27 ( GC110 ) 

I have bought 10GTek SFP To RJ45 and This not working to me , How could I fix that ? 

Thanks.

Message 9 of 13
schumaku
Guru

@NetworkGB wrote:

1.0.5.27 ( GC110 ) 

10GTek SFP To RJ45

Provide exact designation if this SFP module please, e.g. ASF-10G-T, ASF-GE-T, ...

Message 10 of 13
FBCMoyock
Tutor

I switched to genuine Netgear adapers and everything is working fine

Message 11 of 13
NetworkGB
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

@NetworkGB wrote:

1.0.5.27 ( GC110 ) 

10GTek SFP To RJ45

Provide exact designation if this SFP module please, e.g. ASF-10G-T, ASF-GE-T, ...

I have bought This :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FRQJ1Y2

"1.25G SFP-T, 1000BASE-T Copper SFP, SFP to RJ45 SFP, Compatible with Netgear AGM734"

I would appreciate if you could help me please solve the problem.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 13
EdEpiph
Aspirant

Having the same issue. Installed two QSFPTEK QT-SFP-M modules Netgear and the link goes up and down. Confirmed the laptop NIC works using one of the first 8 ports on the switch.

Any updates?

Model: GS510TLP|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports (75W)
Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements