× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Set port to T for tagged but shows up as U for untagged

derjuden
Aspirant

Set port to T for tagged but shows up as U for untagged

I'm running version 6.6.3.3 of the software likely never been update but I'll be updated to the latest version during a network maintenance window this week.  I am moving from having just the default vlan to a few now and when I set a test port up that doesn't have link with 3 vlans, 3-5 I go to vlan members set vlan 1 to blank on port 6, my test port, and then set vlan 3-5 to T.  But when I go back to vlan 3 in membership it shows a U for untagged on the port and the other 2 show the same.  But when I go into port PVID configuration it shows vlan members 3-5, vlan tag 3-5, untagged none and tagged vlan 3-5. 

Lastly in the vlan status no ports show up in vlan 3-5.  All ports assigned to vlan 1 that are link up or down show up though. 

Is this just a display bug and I should expect my vlan traffic to flow over these ports when I do my cut over or is there a problem with this? 

Model: XS716T|16-Port 10-Gigabit Copper Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Copper/SFP+ Combo Ports
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Set port to T for tagged but shows up as U for untagged

Update to a current firmware version first. -> https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XS716T.aspx#download

Unless there is a very complex config in place, consider a backup (just in case you have ot roll-back), then do a factory reset and reconfig from scratch.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements