× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Strange issue on GS108Ev3 with VLAN

shalimano
Aspirant

Strange issue on GS108Ev3 with VLAN

Hello I've a GS108Ev3 with firmware V2.06.14EN.
I've configured Advanced 802.1Q VLAN and and this is the schema:
VLAN ID 1 with port 1,3,4,6,7 port 3 is tagged and is dedicated to the firewall and the other ports are untagged with pvid 1
VALN ID 2 with port 3,8 (port 3 is tagged and 8 untagged with vpid 2)
VLAN ID 3 with port 3,5 (port 3 is tagged and 5 untagged with vpid 3)
VLAN ID 10 with port 2 untagged with vpid 10

My problem is that if I connect a laptop on the port 2 (VLAN 10) if I put on it the same class range ip of VLAN 1,2,3 I can ping the other pc on the respective lans.

Can you help me to understand why?

Any help is appreciated.

Bye,

Shalimano

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Strange issue on GS108Ev3 with VLAN

Just the ubiquitous advice: Re-flash firmware, factory reset, and reconfigure from scratch again.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@shalimano wrote:

VLAN ID 1 with port 1,3,4,6,7 port 3 is tagged and is dedicated to the firewall and the other ports are untagged with pvid 1

The 802.1q VLAN scheme looks ok to me, permitting it's implemented as documented...

@shalimano wrote:

My problem is that if I connect a laptop on the port 2 (VLAN 10) if I put on it the same class range ip of VLAN 1,2,3 I can ping the other pc on the respective lans.

...this should not be possible, indeed. The VLAN 10 is an isolated VLAN on it's own.

Just for curiosity, the notebook does not have WiFi active and the ping does go over the backdoor channel and the router?

Message 2 of 5
shalimano
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

@shalimano wrote:

The 802.1q VLAN scheme looks ok to me, permitting it's implemented as documented...

@shalimano wrote:

...this should not be possible, indeed. The VLAN 10 is an isolated VLAN on it's own.

Just for curiosity, the notebook does not have WiFi active and the ping does go over the backdoor channel and the router?

Thank you for the answer.

The laptop is not wifi connected and when I unplug the cable on port 2 the ping fail.

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch
Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Just the ubiquitous advice: Re-flash firmware, factory reset, and reconfigure from scratch again.

Message 4 of 5
shalimano
Aspirant

Thank you. After a reset and a reconfiguration It works.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements