× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch Discovery Tool Unable to Detect following

drsox
Aspirant

Switch Discovery Tool Unable to Detect following

I redownloaded the Switch discovery tool (this time it's the .103 version.  It detected none of my 3 GS108tv2 switches.  The last version worked fine  ( .102 ).

The switches are OK as I can detect them in IPScanner. on my Mac Minis.  How can I fix this ?  The .102 version is no longer available it seems.

Thx

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit smart switch
Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Switch Discovery Tool Unable to Detect following

@drsox,

Are all of your computers Mac Mini? 

Kindly try to directly connect the computer (with NSDT v1.2.103 installed) to any of your GS108Tv2 switches.  Is the switch discovered by the NSDT? 

Have you tried to uninstall then reinstall the NSDT v1.2.103 on your computer?  If yes, does same problem occur? 

What is the current firmware version of your GS108Tv2 switches? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 6
drsox
Aspirant

Thanks.

I have 2x MacMinis - only one is in daily use.

The Mini is in a cluster of items, all connected to the network through a GS108tV2 switch.  This switch is not detected (nor are the other two). I fired up the other Mini (also in a cluster of units, all connected to the Network though a GS108tV2.).  That Minii also detected none of the switches.

Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled on both Minis - no change.

Firmware on all switches is listed as :  5.4.2.33.

The previous version (.102) worked fine.

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@drsox,

Firmware on all switches is listed as :  5.4.2.33.

Let us try to update the firmware of the GS108Tv2 switches to the latest version which is v5.4.2.36 then observe if the same problem will occur.  

You can download GS108Tv2 firmware v5.4.2.36 here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
drsox
Aspirant

Thanks but that doesn't solve the problem.

To upgrade the switch firmware I need to run the Smart Control Centre.  This only runs in Windows.  I no longer have any capability to run Windows.

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@drsox,

You can update the firmware of your GS108Tv2 switches via its web-GUI.  Follow the steps below: 

1. Download GS108Tv2 firmware v5.4.2.36 here on your Mac Mini.  Unzip it. 

2. Open a browser like Safari or Chrome then type the IP address of your GS108Tv2 on the address bar and press Enter.  Type the credentials to login.  

Note: The default credentials are "admin" as the username and "password" as the password. 

3. Click Maintenance then click Download. 

4. On the left column, click HTTP File Download. 

5. On File Type, select Code. 

6. Click Browse then locate the firmware v5.4.2.36 that you have unzipped earlier. 

7. Click Apply. 

Note: After a file transfer is started, please wait until the page refreshes. When the page refreshes, the Select File option will be blanked out. This indicates that the upgrade process is done.

8. To verify, go to System > Management > System Information then check the Software Version.  It should indicate the latest firmware which is v5.4.2.36.

Afterwards, check if your GS108Tv2 is discovered by the NSDT v1.2.103.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements