× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch(s) blocking traffic to router (Orange livebox 5 fibre)

Paul2022
Aspirant

Switch(s) blocking traffic to router (Orange livebox 5 fibre)

Netgear switch GS308 & GS308PP. I've tried both new switches on my wired network and the tech from Orange say the switch is not allowing access. If I connect a the camera directly to the router he can see it. But not through the switch to the network. WiFi works ok. Cables/ patch have been tested and are ok.
Anyone have any ideas ? Another post mentioned a setting on the router. But he failed to include what he did to resolve the issue. Very frustrated I am.
Message 2 of 3
Paul2022
Aspirant

Switch blocked

Netgear GS308PP and GS308 (both new). Seem to be blocking my router traffic. The technician from Orange says he thinks this is why I'm not connecting to my wired network. Though WiFi works. By connecting a camera directly to the Orange router the camera is visible. But via the switch(s) there are no lights on the connection to the router. Lights are ok on the router cable out. Any ideas. Both switches are unmanaged. It's very frustrating if anyone can offer help.
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Switch(s) blocking traffic to router (Orange livebox 5 fibre)

These are unmanaged switches. They have no blocking options and pass through anything that comes in or out. Something else is blocking your cam.

Which router model do you have and which firmware version?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements