× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wac505 offline for 5 minutes every hour

Tbelliboston
Follower

Wac505 offline for 5 minutes every hour

I have 2 wac505 APs. Both are connected to the same Poe switch. One goes offline every hour and comes back online after 4-5 minutes. Both have firmware 9.5.5.4

They are both set to the same Sid, so it is hard to say if the one AP is actually not broadcasting, since internet connection is still on for that sid.

I also have a nighthawk router on a different sid that is functioning fine.

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Wac505 offline for 5 minutes every hour

any chance you have an external power supply you could try on it? 

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Start with checking both WAC505 logs.
Message 3 of 8
tbelli
Aspirant

I don't think so. 

Message 4 of 8
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Tbelliboston 

Please share me the detailed log from monitoring page. Send me link to download via PM.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 5 of 8
tbelli
Aspirant

Where can I find them?

Message 6 of 8
tbelli
Aspirant

Another bit of info - the poe switch is a Netgear GS108PEv3 that is not able to be managed with app

Message 7 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Among the logs I've suggested before. Management -> Monitoring -> Logs and then [Download Detailed Logs]

A simple search in the fine documentation would certainly help - start from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WAC505.aspx

The GS108PEv3 is a simple Web configurable switch, not. Smart Managed switch, and then not Cloud Manageable. At no point (leaving the hint from the Quick Start Guide that the Insight App can be used to discovery, find the IP and serial number for the product registration) Netgear does state the GS108PEv3 (or any other Web managed, formerly designated Plus Managed) are can be managed by any App.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements