× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the most efficient way of keeping several remote smart switches up to date

UPP_Ronnie
Tutor

What is the most efficient way of keeping several remote smart switches up to date

Hi all, we have a few Netgear smart switches dotted around various remote sites. I was wondering if there is a way to centrally view what firmware versions they are all on and if there are any firmware upgrades available?

Model: GS728TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (190W)
Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: What is the most efficient way of keeping several remote smart switches up to date

@UPP_Ronnie,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

That would really depend on the switch that you have. If the switch does not support Insight App, then you may use the Smart Control Center in order to detect all the switches on the network and identify the firmware version. But if it does support Insight, then you can just see it from there.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
UPP_Ronnie
Tutor

Re: What is the most efficient way of keeping several remote smart switches up to date

Hi John,

Just checked at least 3 and they all do have Insight feature although not set up. Looking at the setup process it does say it wipes the device back to factory default. that makes it something that needs to be planned out of hours.

The Smart Control Center is that meant to be installed on a machine in the local network? we have about 20 or so remote sites, not all has Netgear switches installed. But i guess i cannot install Smart Control Center on a server in the DC and hope to scan a remote network for Netgear switches?

Model: GS728TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (190W)
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Don't think so. SCC can discover and act on the local network only.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements