× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XS716T command line console and VLAN trunking?

ger24
Tutor

XS716T command line console and VLAN trunking?

Hi all,

I got a PROSAFE XS716T switch on my hand and would like to know whether this switch provides command line interface(just like Cisco devices' command console) or not.

additionally, I can't find where to configure VLAN trunking on ports on the webpage, it seemed that only the VLAN IDs can be set to ports. is it possible to set VLAN trunking?

thanks in advance!!~~

Model: XS716T|16-Port 10-Gigabit Copper Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Copper/SFP+ Combo Ports
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: XS716T command line console and VLAN trunking?

Only Netgear's Managed Switch model lines are supporting a CLI, the Smart Managed Pro models are Web managed only.

Trunks/LAGs are built from interfaces/links - just like everywhere in the industry - the 802.1Q VLAN assignments are configured on the LAG level.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Only Netgear's Managed Switch model lines are supporting a CLI, the Smart Managed Pro models are Web managed only.

Trunks/LAGs are built from interfaces/links - just like everywhere in the industry - the 802.1Q VLAN assignments are configured on the LAG level.

Message 2 of 3
ger24
Tutor

hey, thanks for helping!!!

after reading this page https://kb.netgear.com/31026/How-to-configure-a-VLAN-on-a-NETGEAR-managed-switch I discovered that marking ports as "T" indicating they are VLAN trunking.

it's different from my experience on configuring network switches. (mine experiences are based on other brands' device)

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements