× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

model L FS728TP POE network switch no ip address

hamish2
Aspirant

model L FS728TP POE network switch no ip address

I picked up a fs728tp from a thrift store so could be the reason it is there I am all new to network management and trying to access the switch from all that I can find I should be able to access it I have tried no dice I have it connected directly to a computer with smart control center it will not discover the switch and I ran ipconfig and ran through the ip's to check and none matched am I missing something is it broken am I just beating around the bush and this isn't the switch I think it is

https://www.reddit.com/r/NETGEAR/comments/1axsqvs/model_l_fs728tp_poe_network_switch_no_ip_address

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: model L FS728TP POE network switch no ip address

@hamish2 wrote:

I picked up a fs728tp from a thrift store so could be the reason it is there I am all new to network management and trying to access the switch from all that I can find I should be able to access it I have tried no dice I have it connected directly to a computer with smart control center it will not discover the switch...

There are two versions of these FS728TP switches:

Wild guess? Its an older FS728TPv1 8-)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements