× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

Is there an option for offline configuration?

ryanmonge
Follower

Is there an option for offline configuration?

Our company sets up its systems in our warehouse before we begin installation. We typically configure our switches at that point. It would be helpful to be able to set up a configuration file before the switch arrives/is unboxed. That way we can simply update firmware and then upload the config to the switch and go from there. I don't believe this ability exists, but I thought it was worth asking in case I'm missing it. If not, it seems like a really useful tool to develop.

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Is there an option for offline configuration?

Not aware of anything the like - @LaurentMa svp.

Message 2 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @ryanmonge ,

I think this would be very easy. Configuration files can be prepared on a switch for instance, using our AV UI if this is an AV application, or the IT GUI if this is more of an IT application. When you have your "desired" configuration, you can save it, and download that configuration file from the AV UI (with the AV profiles), or if you don't use it, from the IT GUI (the bare config). Then it would be possible to "load" the default configuration in your warehouse - we could think of a script, for instance using telnet/TFTP, Python/API, there are plenty of options to get you to the automation you would need.

Please don't hesitate to send us a message to ProAVDesign@netgear.com, one of our System Engineers could take your case and help you build such a process in your organization. We can help you "adapt" a typical config file of yours to other port count models/series, etc.

I hope this helps,

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@LaurentMa wrote:

I think this would be very easy. Configuration files can be prepared on a switch for instance, using our AV UI if this is an AV application, or the IT GUI if this is more of an IT application.

Said that, there is no UI emulator available to generate configurations without unpacking a physical switch.

Message 4 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Never say never! We know it would be a very good idea. Cheers

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR