× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

M4250-10g2f Keeps rebooting

Barrygast
Aspirant

M4250-10g2f Keeps rebooting

Hi All, 

I'm experiencing some issues with my M4250

I tried to factory reset with the button on the front, after this the switch keeps rebooting/crashing every 1/2 minutes.

Has anybody experienced this before?

Cheers,

Barry 

Message 1 of 8
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: M4250-10g2f Keeps rebooting

I am sorry for your issue, this is very unusual. To me the switch software got corrupted and we just need to help you reflash it. If it doesn't work, then we will replace it for you.

This forum is not a tech support site. Better to send us an email at proavdesign@netgear.com and one SE will assist you today.
Message 2 of 8
Barrygast
Aspirant

Hi Laurent,

Thanks I have sent them a e-mail.

I do have another question. 

i've made a shure controll network. 

My shure devices see each other. But my computer on the other hand, does not. When I bypass the netgear, everyting works fine on my computer. Do you have any idea perhaps?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

In the AV UI (or better, Engage controller), you should apply the Shure Converged AV template to the VLAN you are using (for instance VLAN 1).

If your computer is a Mac, you can go to the AV UI and go to Configure/Multicast. Click the port where your computer is, and activate "Force Multicast" mode on it. Click apply and save!
Message 4 of 8
Barrygast
Aspirant

That worked, thanks!

Should I enable that for all my ports then? Because it's not an install. My Personel should be able to plugin their laptop in any port.

cheers

Message 5 of 8
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

If only audio, sure, you can activate it on other ports too.

Thank you
Message 6 of 8
Barrygast
Aspirant

Awesome, one last question 😁

I see that some of my SFP fiber uplinks do not contain all vlan's any way I can solve this?

Message 7 of 8
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

I'm sure that our app notes should help you: https://www.netgear.com/hub/business/av/av-tech-guides/

Can you follow them step by step? In between M4250 and other NETGEAR AV Line Switches, Auto-Trunk is placing all VLANs automatically.

If you are up linking to third party switches, you should just place a T (clicking twice) on the fiber port in every VLAN/Profile, matching the other side of course if keeping one VLAN untagged (green check box).

Thank you
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR