× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

M4250-40G8XF-PoE+ not compatible with QSYS

slackerUH
Initiate

M4250-40G8XF-PoE+ not compatible with QSYS

I have this switch and QSYS profiles do not work properly.  If I connect my QSYS core and QLAN amp to ports that are next to each other QLAN audio works but not all of the ports that are enabled for QSYS Audio.  For example If my QSYS core is plugged into port 33 and CX-Q4K8 amp is plugged in to port 34 then audio works but not if I plug a CX-Q4K8 amp in to port 25.

I have tried reaching out to Netgear support but nobody responds to cases there.  I created a case by chat a month ago with no response.  I have created a new case on the phone a few days ago with no response.  Every time I call in, they tell me the AV Switch team will respond to me but I have not had a response from them and it has been 3 days. 

QSYS support also would not help me because I did not buy a QSYS branded Netgear M4250.  The only reason I bought the Netgear version is because it had a higher port count than QSYS offered.  I would highly recommend against buying the Netgear version since you completely lose out on QSYS support and Netgear support seems to be nonexistent.

Another strange this is that my switch came with 13.1.4.14 firmware version but the latest version that you can download on Netgear's support site is 13.0.4.14.  I would hope Netgear support would answer this but they still haven't responded to my case.

M4250-40G8XF-PoE+ 40x1G PoE+ 960W and 8xSFP+ Managed Switch, 13.1.4.14, 1.0.0.11

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: M4250-40G8XF-PoE+ not compatible with QSYS

According to a private contact, the case was escalated to the ProAV team but there was no action yet. They will get someone to reach out to the customer. The best way to reach the ProAV team is via proavdesign@netgear.com. Thanks again, have a nice weekend !

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Please don't hesitate to contact ProAV.EngineeringServices@NETGEAR.com including a link to this thread. There is a team active 24*7 when I have it right.

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

According to a private contact, the case was escalated to the ProAV team but there was no action yet. They will get someone to reach out to the customer. The best way to reach the ProAV team is via proavdesign@netgear.com. Thanks again, have a nice weekend !

Message 3 of 4
slackerUH
Initiate

Thanks for the response.  This is my first time posting on the Netgear community so my notifications were in SPAM.  The ProAV team finally reached out and I did a screen share with them and found that the QSYS profiles weren't applied properly.  'The p2p clock e2e-transparent' and 'mtu 1500' lines were missing from the ports that were not working for QSYS audio.  We changed the profile on the ports that were not working and changed them back and port had the correct settings afterwards.  I assume this is a solution to the problem but I am no longer onsite and can't move the cables around to test.

At least now I have a method to contact support because my previous attempts left me extremally disappointed.  My call in when I created the case took 30 minutes just for the guy to get my info and escalate to the ProAV team which took days for an initial response.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR