× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

Problems with trunking on multiple AV-line switches

MinkaM
Aspirant

Problems with trunking on multiple AV-line switches

I have a system where as a "centre device" I have M4250-40G8F, and then on top of that I have 5pcs of M4250-40G8F and 1pc of M4250-10G2XF. All switches, except the small one are having 3 VLANs (Dante/ZeeVee, NDI and ARTNet). The small one has just Dante/Zeevee and NDI).

Those VLANs are numbered as 1001, 1002 and 1003 and they are working as should. Problem is that when I connect the switches to each other some trunk lines are not coming online at all, and some are online for some time until they are lost, and some are working as you could expect. What I could tell from behaviour the SFP-port is closed until reboot. Like you could imagine in a situation where you have loop back, which is not the case here.

All trunk lines are from SFP ports and as mentioned one switch is the main, connected to 4 switches (3pcs 40G and the small one 10G). Then from 2 of the 3 40G I have connected to following 40G switches.

All units are running FW : 13.0.4.17

So the connections are:

Main:
P41 -> 40G #2 P41 thru SFP-CAT modules
P46 -> 40G #3 P48 thru Single Mode fiber

P47 -> 40G #5 P48 thru Single Mode fiber

P48 -> 12G P12 thru Multimode Fiber

40G #3:

P41 -> 40G #4 P41 thru SFP-CAT modules

40G #5

P41 -> 40G #6 P41 thru Single Mode fiber

Any ideas what could be going wrong in my setup??

Br,

-Minka-

Message 1 of 3
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Problems with trunking on multiple AV-line switches

Hi @MinkaM ,

The Auto-LAG and the Auto-Trunk should be enabled across your site on all switches. If there is a problem, maybe it's coming for your modules (layer 1 connectivity, unsupported modules?).

Can you take a look at the corresponding application note to check your configuration so far:

AV over IP Technical Guides - NETGEAR

In Engage, all trunks should show the "A" icon on the ports. Please send an email to the ProAV Design team with all the tech-support files (one per switch) and a link to this post. The Engage Controller lets download all TS files at once, there is a tab for it. If this a module issue, a cabling issue, or something else, we will be able to easily see this in your TS files, and one of ProAV Design SEs will get back to you.

Message 2 of 3
MinkaM
Aspirant

Re: Problems with trunking on multiple AV-line switches

Thanks for promt reply!

I have Auto-LAG and Auto-Trunk enabled, and as said, most of the lines finds themselves, but looses after a while.

I will let the system on for weekend and see on Monday what it going on there. I will also check on Monday those SFP-modules that they are fully supported.

I will come back to this on Monday, as I am just about to go for a weekend 🙂

Br,

-Minka-

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR