× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

What is NETGEAR's recommended M4300 configuration for NDI?

nmarques
Guide

What is NETGEAR's recommended M4300 configuration for NDI?

Hi all,

I'm revisiting this topic as NETGEAR has made an even bigger dent into the AV market with the M4250. However, I'm still using M4300 switches in a few environments.

I'm very aware of the NewTek Network Configuration Guide. However, it would be helpful if Netgear had guidance on what is recommended for the M4300 specifically. 

For example, I've been reading a lot of different guidance from other corners of the web regarding Flow Control. I realize it isn't required (or even recommended?) for NDI v4 or v5 as this was a v3.5 requirement. However, I've heard some report that it has help with later versions and others report is doesn't. I realize the intention is to help with congestion. Has Netgear done any testing on this either way? 

Also, is there anything we can do with switch configuration to minimize latency?

In regards to the M4250, can someone explain exactly what the NDI profiles do as if I were to mimic that configuration to a M4300? 

Model: GSM4328S|M4300-28G - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x1G and 4x10G including 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 2
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: What is NETGEAR's recommended M4300 configuration for NDI?

Hi @nmarques ,

We have validated all our NDI 4 and NDI 5 profiles with Newtek at NDI (and the M4250 switches are listed directly here https://www.ndi.tv/marketplace/?network-products).

Of course we have detailed configuration guides for replicating what we have done in the M4250 AV Line, in M4300 switches. Please send us an email for it at ProAVDesign@netgear.com to get the help from the NETGEAR ProAV Engineering Services team directly.

Thank you!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR