× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Kernel for ReadyNASOS 6.5.0-T338 (Beta 2)

powareverb
Star

Kernel for ReadyNASOS 6.5.0-T338 (Beta 2)

Hey guys,

Congrats on the newest beta(ReadyNASOS 6.5.0-T338 (Beta 2)) is looking really good.

In the Kernel, I notice you've now got NF_CONNTRACK / IPTABLE_NAT in there and a few other things that were looking very important for quite a few people (myself included).

Any chance we can get a link to the GPL - or at least just the Kernel for this release?  I'm keen to try compiling modules for some of the network stuff now that NAT is enabled in the kernel.  May finally be possible to get Docker running... :gasp:

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Kernel for ReadyNASOS 6.5.0-T338 (Beta 2)

I have just updated the ReadyNASOS 6.5.0-T338 (Beta 2) thread with a link to the kernel sources for Beta 2. Note: these will only work with Beta 2. Beta 3 will have a newer 4.1 kernel.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have just updated the ReadyNASOS 6.5.0-T338 (Beta 2) thread with a link to the kernel sources for Beta 2. Note: these will only work with Beta 2. Beta 3 will have a newer 4.1 kernel.

Message 2 of 4
powareverb
Star

Thanks so much for the prompt response.

A few minor issues tho:

- I don't see a default config file - arch/x86/configs/readynas_defconfig in this - is it somewhere new?

- Is there any reason you don't use /proc/config.gz to help confirm running config?  Would make the previous question unneeded.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 4
powareverb
Star

OIC - For anyone else interested, the config in this release is in:

arch/x86/configs/defconfig.x86

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements