Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding new cloud user to ready nas 312

akkykhan
Aspirant

Adding new cloud user to ready nas 312

Hi, I have two problems. I have a Netgear ready nas 312 that has been updated to the latest firmware 6. something . I have upgraded my ready nas account to the new my netgear account to access it via the cloud but when I try and see it I can see the server bit none of the shares??? I also noticed that there is no hand symbol next to the server on the gui?

Also I want to add a new remote user to the box and I am not sure how to do this. I have local access to the box and when I try and access the cloud user it says to register them using the ready cloud page. I have tried this and the user doesn't see any email invite. I only want the new user to access one folder how do I go about this? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 23
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Adding new cloud user to ready nas 312

Hello akkykhan,

Since you upgraded the NAS FW, the settings under Cloud tab in the admin page should now show different. What exactly do you see under Cloud > ReadyCloud's "signed in as"? Is this the same account that you upgraded to MyNetgear account? This should now be using your MyNetgear account which is in an email format. If it doesn't try rebooting the NAS.

In case you get the same problem, if you currently have other ReadyCloud users added to the NAS, they and the main ReadyCloud must have home share, please back up the files of their home shares. Then turn OFF then turn ON the ReadyCloud. The upgraded ReadyCloud should show up in the "signed in as..".

By the way, what was the firmware version prior to the upgrade? What is the current firmware version?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 23
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello akkykhan,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

Hi Jen,

Do i check the interface on the nas on the local network or through the cloud portal????

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 4 of 23
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello akkykhan,

The ReadyCloud portal is just to access the NAS remotely. It gives you an option though to access the NAS admin page, that is under Manage. Clicking Admin Page will take you to the admin page of the NAS. To locally access the admin page without using ReadyCloud portal, key in http://<ip address of the NAS>/admin.

Regards,

Message 5 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

Ok so I need to to this on the local network? Thanks
Message 6 of 23
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello akkykhan,

Yes.

Regards,

Message 7 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

The ready nas is running version 6.6.0 firmware and has been rebooted several times. I have logged into the ready cloud and am still not seeing the option to add a readycloud user to the folder I want to share. I have users acessing the nas already via the cloud solution.
Message 8 of 23
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi akkykhan,

You may want to check the link below on how to add a ReadyCloud user to one of your shares.

How do I use ReadyCLOUD to allow or remove share access for remote users?

Regards.

Message 9 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

I have a number of users added to it who are using readycloud. I have upgraded my account to the new my netgear and I can see the nas. However when u cluck on it no shares?
Message 10 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

Sorry typo when you click on the nas server there are no shares.
Message 11 of 23
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi akkykhan,

Are you seeing any type of message when logged in to your cloud account? Can you post a screenshot?

Regards,

Message 12 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

Hi,

It simply says that there are no shares or drives. I will post a screen shot
Message 13 of 23
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello akkykhan,

Are seeing these users including yours under Account > Cloud Users' name and email?

I suggest you backup all the data while logged in as admin via SMB to access the home shares.

Regards,

Message 14 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

readynas.jpg

Message 15 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

It says no volume or usb disks

Message 16 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

No I cant see any of the cloud accounts when i am logged in locally. 

Message 17 of 23
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello akkykhan,

Please access the NAS volume via SMB with with admin login then get to Home share, this should show you all each user's home share that you should be able to back up.

Regards,

Message 18 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

Sorry why would I want to back up the shares?
Message 19 of 23
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello akkykhan,

So that you have backup of the users data because it seems part of troubleshooting is re-registering ReadyCloud from the admin page.

Regards,

Message 20 of 23
akkykhan
Aspirant

Will do. How do I go about re registerING readycloud from the admin page? Thanks
Message 21 of 23
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello akkykhan,

Re-registering from the admin page is at Cloud > ReadyCloud. You just need to click Leave then it will remove the main ReadyCloud (MyNetgear) account and when you register it will prompt you to login the account. However, leaving will also delete all invited users and their home shares which is the reason why I suggested to back up the data of each home share.

Can you PM me the screenshot of what you see under Accounts > Cloud Users and Cloud > ReadyCloud first?

Regards,

Message 22 of 23
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 23 of 23
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements