Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Desktop App not working after 6.5.0

schwizer
Aspirant

Desktop App not working after 6.5.0

I upgraded to a Netgear account.  I can login at http://readycloud.netgear.com but it sais i have no registered devices.  The desktop app also shows no registered devices after upgrading and logging in with my Netgear email account.

When i run RAIDar, it finds my NAS just fine so i clicked the "admin page" link from RAIDad and we to the cloud section of the admin page and clicked "leave readycloud" because some posts had recommended it.  But now i can not even login to the Admin page because it demands a password and neither my readycloud or Netgear account login work.  I also can't access the files anymore!!!!!

Bruno

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Desktop App not working after 6.5.0

Hello schwizer,

Getting to the admin page of the NAS without ReadyCloud needs you to login with your admin account. This is not the ReadyCloud account. The admin account is admin for username and password is password by the default. If it does not take password as password, that means you have changed it when you set up the NAS initially. Try to think of any password that you you think you might have used with it.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
schwizer
Aspirant

I did change it but the password i changed it to is not working.  Probably i don't remember because i haven't used it forever.  This upgrade to Netgear account really screwed things up.  I have physical access to the unit.  Can i reset it from the back reset button without losing my files?  I don't care if i have to set up the settings again from scratch.

Bruno

Message 3 of 7
schwizer
Aspirant

I have performed an OS reinstall using the hardware manual instructions.  Seemed to go fine. Problem now is i can't get to the Admin page.  I use Raidar utility and it finds the NAS unit just fine and reports it is healthy but when i click the "admin page" link, it just times out.  The NAS is on and not doing anything else.

I can also see the shares on the network but the default admin login and passoword still aren't working.

Bruno

Message 4 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello schwizer,

Please contact support center. Refer to this forum discussion. This needs L3 escalation.

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
schwizer
Aspirant

In my stubbornness, i just kept reinstalling the OI.  Eventually, using the RAIDar utility and the admin page link, i was able to log in with admin and password.  Don't know why it worked all of a sudden.  I did notice thought that the admin page was very very slow to respond and load previously.  Maybe there was something going on in the background and the requests were timing out.  All volumes are showing as healthy.  I didn't have antivirus turned on.

Also, the backup recovery option would just fail after typing in the answer to the secret question.

Bruno

Message 6 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello schwizer,

I'm glad it works now.

Please also make backup copy of the file so in case you get any trouble, as we always recommend, important files should not be backed up in just one device.

I honestly do not know what happened there but maybe there was really something busy in the background that has been getting interrupted and caused the problem. As for the recovery question, check if it was configured right, see How do I configure password recovery on my ReadyNAS OS 6 article.

We appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue and/or what fixed it.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

Again thanks for your contribution and we appreciate it.

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements