Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS 2304 - does it even work?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

NAS 2304 - does it even work?

The shares do not work at all, neither does the permissions or file access. I do not get it.

I have no idea how any one is using this

FTP for example, had to fight to make basic settings and now everything I click on wont open and the ones that do open I go in and I can not go back.
SMB shares, literally impossible

So what is going on with the access on this device, seriously there is a issue

Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: NAS 2304 - does it even work?

So your question is kind of like calling a mechanic and saying "My car doesn't run, why?".  You have provided nothing with respect to details as to exactl;y how you are attempting to do anything and specifically what does or does not happen when you do those things.  Have you even read the manual?  It tends to point you toward using ReadyCloud, which I don't think is the best way to start; so I suggest using the local GUI.

As for you basic question:  Assuming you didn't buy a broken unit, yes, a ReadyNAS 2304 can work just fine in a current Windows, Mac, Linux, or Android environment (and likely others with which I have no familiarity).  It does need drives installed before you can use it.  It is also best to see that the firmware is up to date.  The RAIDar tool (available here: https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads ) is the easiest way to locate and gain initial access to your NAS.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You didnt read one thing i said

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Yes, I did, and you provided zero details on how you set up those basic settings nor in what way you are trying to access the shares other than, presumably, from some system that uses SMB.  So given the large number of possibilities for those, it's impossible to give you any guidance beyond what I already have.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements