Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS unable to be detected on ReadyCloud, with new migrated account to MyNetgear; and firmware 6.5.0

yyhow88
Aspirant

NAS unable to be detected on ReadyCloud, with new migrated account to MyNetgear; and firmware 6.5.0

First Off, I really just want to say how **bleep**ty their customer service is, forcing you to pay for help on changes they have made.

I was fine with my original ReadyCloud account and now being forced to migrate to MyNetGear.com account has caused me a bunch of headaches.

Recently I was forced to migrate to a MyNetGear.com account and I have gone ahead and done just that.

After switching over, I was not able to recongnize my device through the new login.

I've managed to discover my NAS device, however unable to find it on my ReadyCloud app for my Mac.

Netgear suggested for me to log out of the admin page and relog in using the MyNetGear.com login in order to find the device.

Sounds simple, and for about 30 minutes I looked for a log out button on the admin page...with no luck.

THERES NO LOG OUT BUTTON!!!

I've read countless threads on the Netgear community without much help.

The good thing is that I can still access my NAS HDD.  I can put stuff on there and still use files from it.

The only thing is that I no longer have an admin page and no loger have a web portal or access through my ReadCloud Mac App.

So if anyone has a clue to what is going on, any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
yyhow88
Aspirant

Re: NAS unable to be detected on ReadyCloud, with new migrated account to MyNetgear; and firmware 6.

Hey mdgm,

Yes, I've tried logging out and relogging in using the new MyNetgear.com account login with no praveil.

However, everything is up and running for me again.

What I did was uninstalling everything (which i did before), but this time I also did a factory OS reinstall to my NAS system.

Which was something I was reluctant to do because I was afraid of data loss.

Then I proceeded to re log on everything and everything finally worked.

I hope this helps others who were in the same situation as me!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
yyhow88
Aspirant

Re: NAS unable to be detected on ReadyCloud, with new migrated account to MyNetgear; and firmware 6.

I do appologize for my anger
I am just kinda frustrated it because I've spent over 2 days on this

Message 2 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What's your case number? I would like to review your case.

To logout you would close your web browser.

Are you able to login to the local admin page?

What do you see on the Cloud tab? Are any of the services showing as offline?

Message 3 of 9
yyhow88
Aspirant

Hi mdgm, my case number is the follow...

Case#27279782

I can log in to my local admin page.

In my Home Tab and Manage Tab, it both says no device registered.

In my Discover Tab, I can see my ReadyNAS and I am able to manage it.

Message 4 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

By Cloud tab, I meant the Cloud tab of the local admin page.

Were any of the articles the support agent provided links to a help?

Message 5 of 9
yyhow88
Aspirant

Everything is off except for my ReadyCLOUD

Message 6 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What is the service status showing there?

If you look at the ReadyCLOUD users is it showing the old username or the MyNETGEAR account name?

Message 7 of 9
yyhow88
Aspirant

Hey mdgm,

Yes, I've tried logging out and relogging in using the new MyNetgear.com account login with no praveil.

However, everything is up and running for me again.

What I did was uninstalling everything (which i did before), but this time I also did a factory OS reinstall to my NAS system.

Which was something I was reluctant to do because I was afraid of data loss.

Then I proceeded to re log on everything and everything finally worked.

I hope this helps others who were in the same situation as me!

Message 8 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

A factory default wipes all data, settings, everything.

An OS Re-install resets some settings (local admin password and some network settings), installs the OS over the top of itself but leaves data intact

As your problem is now resolved you may now click the "Accept as Solution" button for a post that has the solution to your problem.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements